Following Qantas’ decision to reduce the number of points needed for selected business and first class upgrades, now is the perfect time to start maximising your Frequent Flyer points. While the number of points rewarded on certain international saver fares has been increased as of late last month, there are two new incentives you can also take advantage of to boost your points.
As of the 3rd of November 2017, Qantas customers are now able to earn Frequent Flyer Points on Uber trips to and from eligible Australian airports. With two dedicated waiting zones now open at Melbourne airport, there has never been a better time to catch an Uber to and from your flight. Qantas customers who book their airport Uber trips via the latest version of the Qantas app are now able to enjoy the following benefits:
- 1 Qantas Point per dollar spent on airport Uber rides (Bronze members)
- 2 Qantas Points per dollar (Silver members)
- 3 Qantas Points per dollar (Gold, Platinum and Platinum One members)
The incentive is available for rides booked to and from the following Australian airports:
- Byron Bay
- Gold Coast
In addition, members who sign up to Uber for the first time and book a ride via the Qantas app will earn 2,000 bonus Qantas Points on their first Uber trip anywhere in Australia.
The American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card
Qantas Business Rewards and American Express have teamed up to launch a new first charge card. Just as individual Qantas members can earn points using their points-earning card, the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card allows small and medium-sized Australian businesses to earn up to two Qantas points per dollar on their everyday business spending. In addition, the card enables Qantas Business Rewards members to enjoy the following key benefits:
- Triple Qantas Points on eligible Qantas flights. These are in addition to points earned when using the card to pay for flights and the points earned by the individual Qantas Frequent Flyer member travelling.
- Two Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services, such as flights, Qantas Club membership, and purchases through the Qantas Store (uncapped).
- 25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday business purchases (uncapped).
- 5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on utilities, insurance and with government organisations including the Australian Taxation Office (uncapped).
- Two complimentary Qantas Club lounge passes per card membership year.
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance for the card member, their partner, dependents and any employees with supplementary cards when travel is paid for with the card.
- Launch offer of 100,000 bonus Qantas Points for new card members approved by 31 December 2017 who spend $3,000 within first two months.
If you would like to learn more about either of these incentives, or have any general questions about upgrading with your Qantas Frequent Flyer points, get in touch with us today. For a detailed list of ways to transform your business expenses into Qantas points click here.